About Cat Self Defense Keychains
Cat self defense keychains are stylish handheld self-defense tools designed in the shape of a cat's face or other animal's face that can be used to fight off an attacker or as a daily fashion accessory.
Cat Self Defense Keychains Origins and History
Cat self defense keychains originated in China in the early 2010s as a practical and stylish way for women to defend themselves. Instead of resorting to more violent tools or intimidating looking weapons, the cat ear safety keychains were created as a middle ground between a lethal weapon and being unarmed.
Over the years, cat self defense keychains have gained tremendous popularity due to the same reasons they were originally created - they are carried more as a stylish everyday accessory, and can be used as a last option for self defense.
Cat Ear Safety Keychains Sizes, Shapes and Materials
Cat head keychains are normally 4 to 6 inches in length, 2-3 inches in width, and contain hollow eyes for you to put your fingers through for grip and stabilization. Some are larger, thicker, and heavier to give the user a firmer and more stable grip, while others are smaller, thinner and more lightweight to allow easier carrying and handling.
Cat head defense keychains are made from metal, hard plastic or other durable materials like hard rubber, silicone, resin or recycled materials. They have sharp points for ears that function as the defensive striking features. They also sometimes have spikes, grooves, or hooks which supplement the keychain's defensive capabilities.
Cat Self Defense Keychain Uses
Cat ear keychains have one main use and that is to use them as a defensive tool in your punches and slashes. The user would grip the cat ears with their fingers through the eye sockets and the sharp ears pointing outwards, and use the cat ear keychain in a variety of motions and techniques to fend off unwanted aggressors such as:
- Striking - a user can strike an attacker while wearing the cat ear keychain with a quick and powerful blow to stun or incapacitate them and allow them to escape
- Slicing - a user can slice an aggressor in a left-to-right horizontal motion, diagonal motion, or up-and-down vertical motion to slash the aggressor, cause pain and injury, and then flee the scene
- Stabbing - a user can stab the sharp tips of the cat ears into the vulnerable fleshy parts of a predator's body such as the eyes, face, or throat
- Gripping/Pulling - the sharp pointy cat ears can be used to grip or pull the attacker
Types of Cat Keychain Defense Products
Cat keychain defense products come in a variety of different styles and sizes. Here are some common Cat knuckle keychain products you can buy for your own personal security:
- Original Cat Ears
- The first cat ear design to be made into a self defense keychain are these Original Cat Ears, very distinct looking for their angular shaped head and long pointy ears.
- Kitty Cat Ears
- The cute adolescent sibling to the original cat ears are the Kitty Cat Ears, highlighted by their round shaped face, heart-shaped nose, and playful whiskers.
- Animal Ears
- The generic animal looking Animal Ears has a wider head, and is more rugged looking than its other ear cousins, but these Animal Ears still do come in a diverse array of stylish colors for everyday fashion.
- Dog Ears
- The canine handheld weapons are the only ears that are made of a non-metal material which means they won't be detected through metal detectors, and they still possess the whimsical, natural beauty of our four-legged friends.
- Tiger Ears
- The big cat kitty knuckles take after their namesake and are endearing yet fierce, and they are also equipped with 3 different sized built-in hex tools for emergencies on the go.
- Original Cat Ears with Special Designs
- Kitty Cat Ears with Special Designs
- These kitty cat ears are adorned in an array of fiery and colorful patterns to unassumingly keep you protected.
Cat Safety Keychain Pros
Cat safety keychains have become very popular and are one of the hottest self-defense products for women for many reasons including:
- Stylish: Women typically don't want self-defense products that look intimidating or dangerous like a knife or Kubaton. Many women would prefer self-defense tools that look like fashionable accessories, but have secondary uses as personal protection, if they ever needed it.
- Ease of use: Cat ear keychains are very easy to use and someone with little to no training would be able to purchase one and use it immediately. You would simply grip it like any handheld tool and use your instinctive punching and defensive maneuvers to fend off an attacker.
- Portable: Cat ear safety keychains are small and easy to carry making them practical for everyday protection
- Effective: Cat ear safety keychains have many defensive uses and can deter or discourage an attacker
- Affordable: Our cat ear self defense keychains start at just $5.99 and are a great low-cost investment into your personal safety
Cat Face Self Defense Keychain Fashion
While they're called cat defense keychains, these popular feisty feline weapons have several different variations that appeal to different animal lovers. There are now kitty cat ear keychains (that look like kittens), tiger ear keychains that have striped ears, dog ear keychains, and general animal ear keychains. Naturally, these keychains highly appeal to cat, dog, and animal lovers equally.
Cat self defense keychains come in a variety of colors from primary colors of blue, red, yellow, and white to brushed colors of bronze, silver, and chrome. Our most recent themed Cat keychains come in Leopard and Cheetah designs to emphasize the "big cat" potential of these handheld self-defense weapons.
Cat Self Defense Keychains Other Names
Cat Self Defense Keychains go by other names such as:
- Kitty Knuckles
- Cat Ear Self Defense Keychains
- Cat Head Self Defense Keychains
- Cat Ear Knuckles
- Kitty Brass Knuckles
- Cat Face Self Defense Keychains
The Future of Cat Self Defense Keychains
In the future, we should continue to see cat defense keychains play an everyday role in women's lives as fashionable yet functional accessories. Manufacturers will continue to roll out new colors, new sizes, and new types of animal faces to widen their appeal and put them into the hands of more women.
In addition to aesthetic upgrades, we should continue to see new materials incorporated in the manufacturing process that will increase the durability and longevity of the keychains.