Cat Ears Self Defense KeychainRegular price From $5.99Regular priceUnit price per
$3.87Sale price From $5.99
Kitty Cat Ears Self Defense KeychainRegular price From $5.99Regular priceUnit price per
$3.94Sale price From $5.99
Tiger Ears Self Defense KeychainRegular price $6.99Sale price $6.99Unit price per
Animal Ears Self Defense KeychainRegular price From $5.99Regular priceUnit price per
$3.83Sale price From $5.99
Dog Ears Self Defense KeychainRegular price From $5.99Regular priceUnit price per
$0.47Sale price From $5.99
About Cat Ears Keychains
Cat ears keychains are stylish handheld self-defense tools designed in the shape of a cat's face that can be used to fight off an attacker or as a daily fashion accessory.
Cat Ear Defense Keychains Origins and History
Cat ear self defense keychains originated in China in the early 2010s as a practical and stylish way for women to defend themselves. Instead of resorting to more violent tools or intimidating looking weapons, the cat ear safety keychains were created as a middle ground between a lethal weapon and being unarmed.
Over the years, cat ear self defense keychains have gained tremendous popularity due to the same reasons they were originally created - they are carried more as a stylish everyday accessory, and can be used as a last option for self defense.
Cat Ear Safety Keychains Sizes, Shapes and Materials
Cat ear keychains are normally 4 to 6 inches in length, 2-3 inches in width, and contain hollow eyes for you to put your fingers through for grip and stabilization. Some are larger, thicker, and heavier to give the user a firmer and more stable grip, while others are smaller, thinner and more lightweight to allow easier carrying and handling.
Cat ear defense keychains are made from metal, hard plastic or other durable materials like hard rubber, silicone, resin or recycled materials. They have sharp points for ears that function as the defensive striking features. They also sometimes have spikes, grooves, or hooks which supplement the keychain's defensive capabilities.
Cat Ear Self Defense Keychain Uses
Cat ear keychains have one main use and that is to use them as a defensive tool in your punches and slashes. The user would grip the cat ears with their fingers through the eye sockets and the sharp ears pointing outwards, and use the cat ear keychain in a variety of motions and techniques to fend off unwanted aggressors such as:
- Striking - a user can strike an attacker while wearing the cat ear keychain with a quick and powerful blow to stun or incapacitate them and allow them to escape
- Slicing - a user can slice an aggressor in a left-to-right horizontal motion, diagonal motion, or up-and-down vertical motion to slash the aggressor, cause pain and injury, and then flee the scene
- Stabbing - a user can stab the sharp tips of the cat ears into the vulnerable fleshy parts of a predator's body such as the eyes, face, or throat
- Gripping/Pulling - the sharp pointy cat ears can be used to grip or pull the attacker
Cat Ear Safety Keychain Pros
Cat ears safety keychains have become very popular and are one of the hottest self-defense products for women for many reasons including:
- Stylish: Women typically don't want self-defense products that look intimidating or dangerous like a knife or Kubaton. Many women would prefer self-defense tools that look like fashionable accessories, but have secondary uses as personal protection, if they ever needed it.
- Ease of use: Cat ear keychains are very easy to use and someone with little to no training would be able to purchase one and use it immediately. You would simply grip it like any handheld tool and use your instinctive punching and defensive maneuvers to fend off an attacker.
- Portable: Cat ear safety keychains are small and easy to carry making them practical for everyday protection
- Effective: Cat ear safety keychains have many defensive uses and can deter or discourage an attacker
- Affordable: Our cat ear self defense keychains start at just $5.99 and are a great low-cost investment into your personal safety
Cat Ear Self Defense Keychain Fashion
While they're called "cat ears" defense keychains, these popular feisty feline weapons have several different variations that appeal to different animal lovers. There are now kitty cat ear keychains (that look like kittens), tiger ear keychains that have striped ears, dog ear keychains, and general animal ear keychains. Naturally, these keychains highly appeal to cat, dog, and animal lovers equally.
Cat ear defense keychains also come in a variety of colors from ordinary primary colors of blue, red, yellow, and white to brushed colors of bronze, silver, and chrome.
The Future of Cat Ear Self Defense Keychains
In the future, we should continue to see cat ear keychains play an everyday role in women's lives as fashionable yet functional accessories. Manufacturers will continue to roll out new colors, new sizes, and new types of animal faces to widen their appeal and put them into the hands of more women.